(to be clear, I intend for this to be an ongoing series)
Anyways, this is an important (quite possibly the most important) feature which defines the proletariat as a class. This is significant because it makes us dependent on the ruling class which “provides” jobs. We must be employed by them, otherwise we starve. This is why the proletariat is bonded in wage slavery.
So to the capitalists out there, yes we do have the freedom to do whatever we please. However, because we are born without access to the means of production, we must seek jobs from the capitalists. At birth we are dependent on the. Capitalist freedom is the freedom to choose between starvation and wage slavery.
The quote in the pic was taken from Ernest Mandel. I’ll be posting some more of these over the summer. The next ones will be about marxist economics.
24 Notes/ Hide
- toysfortrots reblogged this from praxisandcapital
- whatdoiput-here likes this
- milquetoaster reblogged this from proletarianinstinct
- onemancamrevolution reblogged this from randomcommunist
- splinterinyoureye likes this
- skyghe reblogged this from fightjunknotpunk
- skafunkrastapunk reblogged this from randomcommunist
- fightjunknotpunk reblogged this from randomcommunist
- thatblckgrl reblogged this from praxisandcapital and added:
- thatblckgrl likes this
- chicklatin likes this
- proletarianinstinct reblogged this from randomcommunist
- ifgodwasagirl reblogged this from randomcommunist
- randomcommunist reblogged this from praxisandcapital
- randomcommunist likes this
- overlygeneric likes this
- neoafrican likes this
- praxisandcapital posted this